Tags: Building Maintenance, Asset Managers, Real Estate Investors, Property Managers
If you’re a building owner, property or asset manager, and or Investor, you know that selecting a quality building maintenance company and program for your property is a big decision. It can be daunting. While on the surface many providers look equal, with a little digging, differences become apparent. It's not so much about grabbing the lowest quote out of a pack of bids. But, more so about finding the right tribe of professionals who wants to create a dynamic and long-term relationship.
Asking the right questions will be key in thoroughly vetting your janitorial company. It’s worth the time and effort to understand what you’re getting when it comes to:
CLEANING FOR COMMUNITY: The quality of cleaning directly affects the health and wellness of your employees, visitors, and the community at large.
COST vs. VALUE: The janitorial contract is one of the more expensive line items in your financials. Make sure you are getting value for your money which can mean hiring a compatible system versus a company that has huge marketing budget with poor cleaning quality.
SECURITY: Your cleaning staff is in your space every day, with access to every office, conference room and potentially sensitive areas. These individuals need to be thoroughly vetted and trained to see themselves as an extension of your brand.
No matter what type of business you are running, you will want to create a healthy dialogue with the ergonomic design of your facilities, helping to showcase your building in the best possible light. Now with the spread of the Corona Virus patients and clients alike will need more assurance that they are not walking into a situation that potentially puts their lives in danger. It’s especially important if you’re trying to attract more leads and business with higher profits. Trust us, your place of business is not an area where you should try to skimp on commercial cleaning expenditures. Why?
1. First Impressions Matter – Let’s be honest. When a customer or client enters your workplace, they are most likely judging you based on your surroundings. If your office is shabby and uninviting, you might be losing business to the competition. After all, if you don’t take pride in your office space, what does that say about your work ethic?
2. A Clean Workplace is a Healthy Workplace – Provide a clean, germ-free and uncluttered workplace for your employees so they can stay productive and creative without interruptions. Schedule daily clean-ups after work hours to eliminate germs before they are passed around the office.
3. Avoid Respiratory Hazards – Keep the tenants and visitors healthy at your building by removing the unseen allergens from the premises. If you let dust build up to accrue, the cleaning process will cost you more and will be quite labor intensive.
4. Bathrooms are Germ Magnates – Did you know 75% of washroom tap handles are serious risk of spreading illness? A workplace bathroom gets plenty of use throughout the day and failure to keep a cleaning regime can be a dangerous way to conserve funds.
5. Bacteria Counts – Surfaces that are not regularly disinfected make for very unhealthy conditions.
Hiring a Building Maintenance Program for your facility not only speaks volumes about your building, but about your priorities. Keeping up appearances can have a huge impact on your company’s reputation and its bottom line.